- Existing Home Sales reached their third highest mark this year in May.
- Inventory of homes for sale has dropped 8.4% since last year, marking the 24th consecutive month of year-over-year declines.
- NAR’s Chief Economist, Lawrence Yun had this to say: “Those able to close on a home last month are probably feeling both happy and relieved. Listings in the affordable price range are scarce, homes are coming off the market at an extremely fast pace and the prevalence of multiple offers in some markets are pushing prices higher.” When To Buy A House
Which Homes Have Appreciated the Most?
Home values have risen dramatically over the last twelve months. The latest Existing Home Sales Report from the National Association of Realtorsputs the annual increase in the median existing-home price at 7.1%. CoreLogic, in their most recent Home Price Insights Report, reveals that national home prices have increased by 6.9% year-over-year. When To Buy A House
The CoreLogic report broke down appreciation even further into four different price categories:
- Lower Priced Homes: priced at 75% or less of the median
- Low-to-Middle Priced Homes: priced between 75-100% of the median
- Middle-to-Moderate Priced Homes: priced between 100-125% of the median
- High Price Homes: priced greater than 125% of the median
Here is how each category did in 2016:
5 Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Professional When Buying or Selling!
Whether you are buying or selling a home it can be quite an adventurous journey, which is why you need an experienced real estate professional to guide you on the path to your ultimate goal. In this world of instant gratification and internet searches, many sellers think that they can For Sale by Owner or FSBO. When To Buy A House
The 5 reasons you NEED a real estate professional in your corner haven’t changed, but have rather been strengthened by the projections of higher mortgage interest rates & home prices as the market continues to pick up steam. When To Buy A House
1. What do you do with all this paperwork?
Each state has different regulations regarding the contracts required for a successful sale, and these regulations are constantly changing. A true real estate professional is an expert in his or her market and can guide you through the stacks of paperwork necessary to make your dream a reality. When To Buy A House
2. Ok, so you found your dream house, now what?
There are over 180 possible steps that need to take place during every successful real estate transaction. Don’t you want someone who has been there before, someone who knows what these actions are, to make sure that you achieve your dream? When To Buy A House
3. Are you a good negotiator?
So maybe you’re not convinced that you need an agent to sell your home. After looking at the list of parties that you will need to be prepared to negotiate with, you’ll soon realize the value in selecting a real estate professional. From the buyer (who wants the best deal possible), to the home inspection companies, to the appraiser, there are at least 11 different people who you will need to be knowledgeable of, and answer to, during the process. When To Buy A House